Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Scrap The Girls - June

Being sick and off work this week with a rotten winter virus, I had a bit more time on my hands to do some scrapping (in between sneezing, coughing and nose-blowing that is!), so I decided to have a go at this month's Scrap The Girls Challenge.



The challenge this month was to create a layout using this colour palette....



As soon as I saw those colours, I thought of Basic Grey's Bittersweet range from a few years back.

You know when a paper range really takes your eye, you buy it, and then because you love it so much, you always put off using it because you're 'saving' it for some extra-special project? Ridiculous right?

Anyway, that was me with BG's Bittersweet, and because I recently decided to stop hoarding beautiful things I love, and just get in there and use them, that's what I did with this layout.

Here is a close-up of the embellishments I used, and my doodling around the edge of the white cardstock...

4 comments:

  1. Hi! wow! those papers look wonderful on this layout... great photos.. love the curls!! very sweet!! lovely layers too! great take on the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, loved that range too and those embellies are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you have been sick...brilliant that you gained time to scrap! Fabulous layout, love your doodling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i so know what you mean about 'saving papers'! good on you for delving into the stash, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete